Animations to help you understand and remember some of your biology. Don't forget to Bookmark this page. All developed for the Leaving Cert. Biology course.
Click on 'read more>>' to see the list.
01. Glucose Test: Click and watch.
02. D N A Replication: Keep an eye on the colours.
03. Pollen Grain: Watch the anthers in cross section and the pollen form.
04. Checkout how cells behave in different solutions.
05. Energy Flow: Energy is not recycled - it just flows through an ecosystem.
06. Mitosis: Watch the 3 chromosomes replicate and separate to form 2 cells.
07. Gene Expression: A gene is expressed when a protein is made.
08. Metabolism: is divided into anabolism and catabolism.
09. The Biosphere: so thin, so ephemeral, and we are destroying it!
10. Quiz: A drag and drop test on your knowledge of the cell.
11. So you think you know all about photosynthesis?
12. So you want to invent something to make loads of money! - here is a guide.
13. What's a protein? - click to find out.
Leaving Cert. Biology Stuff
- Biology Leaving Cert. - BioDiversity
- Biology Leaving Cert. - The Environment
- Biology Leaving Certificate - Food
- Biology Leaving Cert.DNA Structure
- Video: The Structure of DNA
- Biology Animations
- A Bit About Ethics
- Scientific Method - The Experiment
- The Scientific Method Explained
- How the Biology paper is organised 2010